The Advanced Air-Crew Ensemble (AACE) is a next generation design that shares all fundamental appearance and fit characteristics with existing DOD utility uniforms, while incorporating design features essential to operation on non-ejection aviation platforms — such as zippered pocket closures and the elimination of close quarter snag hazards.
The AACE is constructed from the latest state-of-the-art flame resistant and anti-static fabrics, chosen for their exceptional protection, light weight, durability, and comfort. These fabrics represent the latest advancements in protective textile technology and meet or exceed all DOD standards for flame resistance and no melt/drip.
The AACE’s unique top-to-bottom attachment feature protects the wearer from flame and thermal threats, in the same manner that a one-piece coverall would. Its revolutionary detachable design allows for improved dexterity and increased air-flow, as well as removal of the jacket while not in operation.
Available *Colors: MultiCam, OCP Scorpion (signed contract authorization required)
Available *Sizes: XS-XXL
Available *Lengths: Short, Regular, Tall
*Additional colors, sizes, and lengths are available with moderate minimum quantities and extended lead times
- Inherently Flame Resistant
- Comfortable Quick-drying Fabrics Throughout
- Reinforced Diamond Gusset Crotch, Articulated Knees
- Knee Protector Insert Pockets with 360-degree Adjustment
- High Abrasion Reinforced Knee Panels for Durability
- Redesigned Shroud Cutter Pocket for Critical Implement Stowage
- Two-piece Uniform Engineering with Attachment Feature
- Low-profile Nylon Web/Elastic Waist Adjust System
- State-of-the-art Flame & Heat Resistant YKK Vision Zippers
- Zippered Pocket Closures Throughout
- Pen Tubes Relocated to Upper Bicep Pocket
- Available in Multiple Lengths for Fit Customization
- Meets or Exceeds Mil-C-83429 B Standards
- PyroMan™ Testing, Exceeding the AF Aviation Standard
All Serket garments are 100% engineered, designed, tested and manufactured in the United States and are Berry Compliant.
On July 25, 2012 detailed burn testing was conducted on the Serket AACE at North Carolina State University’s Textile Protection and Comfort Center (T-PACC) PyroMan™ Systemas specified by ASTM F 1930-11 – with a 4 second 2 cal. exposure – resulting in an 18.85% burn injury prediction. This result far exceeds most commercially available systems as well as the standard which calls for
Additionally, the Serket AACE is the first two-piece system to be burn analyzed un-tucked – the way it is most commonly worn in service.