Serket showed us their new Integrated Knee Pad developed in conjunction with Unequal Technologies. Serket relies smart engineering and solid partnerships with others industry to offer a better mousetrap but you may not have heard of Unequal Technologies. Their mission is to develop products to protect the human body from pain and injury by offering unique impact attenuation technologies originally developed to offer high-impact protection for those in the military. Interestingly, they were quickly adapted for innumerable sports applications. Today, you’re just as likely to find Unequal Technologies on a Soldier in theater as you are on an NFL quarterback.
Serket and Unequal joined forces to offer a state-of-the-art 3-Layer composite technology. The Serket-Unequal Integrated Knee Pad (IKP) system offers up improved comfort and performance over existing knee/extremity systems – including ballistic protection – an important feature that is missing from commercially available systems currently on the market. Additionally, that same Kevlar insert also resists punctures. Despite these advantages, the Serket-Unequal IKP is about the price as existing systems.
Serket-Unequal IKP spec details:
• Integrated ballistics available in two systems:
o 2 grain – 1,000 feet per second frag protection
o 17 grain – 1,150 feet per second frag protection
• Puncture resistance at least four-times higher than existing commercially available systems – including hard shell systems
• State-of-the-art plastomer material is comfortable, soft and pliable in a variety of temperatures, so it easily bends with the wearer’s knee
• Impact protection minimization of energy severity index and G force vs exiting commercially available systems
• Flame resistant
• Anti-microbial and anti-fungal
• One piece closed cell construction won’t absorb water/perspiration – avoiding weight gain and induction of bacterial/fungi
• Cost: comparable to other existing commercially available systems
The Serket-Unequal IKP will work in conjunction with traditional IKP-ready combat pants, and this fall, Serket will introduce its own combat pant that not only works with the IKP, but can be used with existing pants.
The Serket-Unequal IKP is available now as a COTS solution.